Orphan Hosting provides children with an amazing opportunity to be loved by a family and see life outside their orphanage. Become a Host Family and change the lives of these children in the best ways possible!
All hosting fees are considered tax deductible donations, so you will receive a tax deductible letter from our office for your support towards an orphan in need.
For more information, contact our Program Coordinator at (512) 323-9595 or email@example.com!
Children of All Nations currently runs a program with Latvia. Check back regularly to find out when we are expanding to new countries!
Latvia Homestay and Hosting – Hosting programs Latvia will have boys and girls between the ages of 8 and 16. We are looking for host families across the United States ready to open their homes to these children for hosting programs.
Keep in mind that the donation paid for a hosting program is tax deductible. There is $100 discount for each additional child when hosting more than one child. We strongly encourage families to fundraise for their hosting experience. Some of our hosting families have been able to fundraise the entire amount for their hosting experience. Please see our FAQs about methods and suggestions for fundraising.
GWCA/Can Application: $250
Latvia Hosting Donation: $3150
*Note that these costs are subject to change.
Clothes for Children (Gently used are fine)
Living Expenses While Child is in Your Home
Travel for Arrival and Departure to a specific domestic airport to pickup/return child (if applicable)
Many families want ideas for how to fundraise for their hosting experience – we’ve compiled just a few here that have worked for our hosting families.
In general, this is what each country accepts for hosting, but please contact us for a free case-by-case consultation. In some cases, income, religion and other factors will determine your eligibility.
- Citizenship: One parent must be a U.S. citizen.
- Age: Generally between 29-60 years old, depending on the country and the special needs of the child, if any.
- Marriage Status: Single women and married couples are generally eligible, and single men can be considered for Latvia.
- Criminal History: Applicants with a criminal history of child abuse, violence or domestic violence are not eligible to host.
- Health: Host parents must be in good health with no major medical or psychological concerns.
- Eligibility requirements are subject to change per each country’s laws. CAN updates these guidelines as necessary.
Application and Approval
To host a child(ren), please complete our agency application. For your convenience, we have made it available to you online at this link. We will review your eligibility to host and begin matching you with a host child once we have received your application. If approved, we will provide you with our agency contract that outlines our fees and important information regarding the hosting process.
Contract and Matching
Upon receipt of your signed contract, your Program Coordinator will lock in your host child match and send you all the forms you will need to fill out before your child can come to the U.S. You will also receive a host parent guide and other resources. You’ll also be matched with a host mentor and advocacy coach at this time, who will be there to support you along with your Program Coordinator.
Documents and Training
You will need to work on your documents as quickly as possible to ensure your child’s timely arrival to the U.S. for hosting. Your Program Coordinator will guide you through this process. If your documents are not received on time, the foreign government reserves the right to cancel your hosting program. You will also need to complete important training online and via webinar so that you are prepared for your host child’s arrival.
Children’s Arrival and Participation
The most exciting day is when your host child arrives! This is when the magic happens: your family’s life and the child’s life are being forever impacted during this experience. You will do fun things together as a family, bond, and truly love on the child.
- Our hosting team travels to meet and interview each each of the kids before the matching takes place. This ensures that you can have as much information as possible when deciding which kiddo would be the best fit for your family.
- For programs where some of the children have special needs, our hosting team is accompanied on their trip by a medical professional who is able to evaluate the children’s needs and ensure that they are safe to travel and participate in the program.
- The donation paid for hosting is tax deductible and goes towards paying for much more than your child’s airfare, including:
- Your host child’s travel document preparation
- Background checks
- Home safety visit
- Travel to an international hub
- Hague Training courses – they’re all ONLINE, so you never have to leave the comfort of your home!
- Medical Insurance for your child during the program
- Don’t let the cost of hosting keep you from making a difference, we have countless suggestions for fundraising, and several free alternatives such as being a chaperone host family, or a backup host family!