Orphan Hosting and Homestay provides children an amazing opportunity to be loved by a family and see life outside their orphanage, but more importantly, it connects potential forever families to these older orphans who may never have had a chance at being part of a family. Typically, over 75% of children who are hosted end up being adopted after their first host trip, whether by their host family or their host family’s community members, extended family members, or friends. Become a Homestay Host Family and be a part of something more.
All hosting fees are considered tax deductible donations, so you will receive a tax deductible letter from our office for your support towards an orphan in need!
Contact us for more information at (512) 323-9595 or email at email@example.com!
Children of All Nations currently runs programs with four countries. Check back regularly to find out when we are expanding to new countries!
China Homestay and Hosting – Children available for hosting and homestay from China are cleared for adoption at the time of being presented for hosting.
Philippines Homestay and Hosting – Children available for hosting and homestay from the Philippines are cleared for adoption at the time of being presented for hosting.
Latvia Homestay and Hosting – Homestay and Hosting programs in the Ukraine will have boys and girls between the ages of 8 and 16. We are looking for host families across the United States ready to open their homes to these children for hosting programs.
The costs of hosting with Children of All Nations include some amazing benefits for families interested in adoption. If you choose to adopt with us, your hosting application will also serve as your adoption application, which means you don’t need to file again with a separate agency. Hosting fees also include Hague Training for adoption, which can often cost anywhere from $300-$500.We strongly encourage families to fundraise for their hosting experience. Some of our hosting families have been able to fundraise the entire amount for their hosting experience. Please see our FAQs about methods and suggestions for fundraising.Keep in mind ALL costs paid for a hosting program are considered tax-deductible donations. There is $100 discount for each additional child when hosting more than one child.
GWCA/Can Application: $250
China Hosting Donation: $3250
Philippines Hosting Donation: $3450
Latvia Hosting Donation: $3150
*Note that these costs are subject to change.
Home Safety Visit (Varies by State)
Online Criminal and Sex Offender Background Clearance
Clothes for Children (Gently used are fine)
Living Expenses While Child is in Your Home
Travel for Arrival and Departure to a specific domestic airport to pickup/return child (if applicable)
Many families want ideas for how to fundraise for their hosting experience – we’ve compiled just a few here that have worked both for our hosting and our adoptive families. Since many adoption assistance grants will not cover costs of hosting, these resources are specific to homestay and hosting only. For adoption fundraising ideas, please see our Financial Assistance page on our Adoption websites.Search the Hosting & Homestay PhotolistingIn order to view the Children available for Hosting and Homestay you must complete the form on your right and
Eligibility largely depends on the country you wish to host a child from, and whether you intend to “host to adopt” or “host to advocate”. In general, this is what each country accepts for hosting, but please contact us for a free case-by-case consultation. In some cases, income, religion and other factors will determine your eligibility.
- Citizenship: One parent must be a U.S. citizen.
- Age: Generally between 29-60 years old, depending on the country and the special needs of the child, if any.
- Marriage Status: Single women and married couples are generally eligible in both countries, and single men can be considered on a case by case basis for Latvia.
- Criminal History: Applicants with a criminal history of child abuse, violence or domestic violence are not eligible to host
- Health: Host parents must be in good health with no major medical or psychological concerns.
- Eligibility requirements are subject to change per each country’s laws. CAN updates these guidelines as necessary.
Application and Approval
To host a child(ren), please complete our agency application. For your convenience, we have made it available to you online at http://childrenofallnations.com/orphan-hosting/orphan-hosting-application/. We will review your eligibility to host and begin matching you with a host child once we have received your application. If approved, we will provide you with our agency contract that outlines our fees and important information regarding the hosting process.
Contract and Matching
Upon receipt of your signed contract, your Program Coordinator will lock in your host child match, and send you all the forms you will need to fill out before your child can come to the U.S. You will also receive a host parent guide and other resources. You’ll also be matched with a host mentor and advocacy coach at this time, who will be there to support you along with your Program Coordinator.
Documents and Training
You will need to work on your documents as quickly as possible to ensure your child’s timely arrival to the U.S. for hosting. Your Program Coordinator will guide you through this process. If your documents are not received on time, the foreign government reserves the right to cancel your hosting program. You will also need to complete important training online and via webinar so that you are prepared for your host child’s arrival.
Children’s Arrival and Participation
The most exciting day is when your host child arrives! This is when the magic happens: your family’s life and the child’s life are being forever impacted during this experience. You will do fun things together as a family, bond, and truly love on the child.
Children’s Departure and Advocacy/Adoption Paperwork for adoptable children
Once the children return home, it’s time for you to either start your adoption paperwork (if your child is adoptable), or continue your advocacy to find the child a forever family. If you are starting on adoption paperwork, you will need to turn in your adoption agreement through GWCA/CAN within 2 weeks of the child returning. If you are advocating for your host child to find a forever family, you can work with our team and your mentor to continue your advocacy efforts.
- Ultimately, our goal is for ALL of our adoptable host children to find their forever family after their first host trip, whether it’s their host family or a family within their community. If you are considering adopting an older kiddo, this could be your opportunity to bring the child into your home so that you can get to know them prior to completing the adoption!
- Our hosting team travels to meet and interview each each of the kids before the matching takes place. This ensures that you can have as much information as possible when deciding which kiddo would be the best fit for your family.
- For programs where some of the children have special needs, our hosting team is accompanied on their trip by a medical professional who is able to evaluate the children’s needs and ensure that they are safe to travel and participate in the program.
- Our Orphan Hosting programs are run through our agency rather than a partner agency, making the transition from hosting to adoption much smoother. In fact, we’re more than happy to help families begin the adoption process before they host in order to minimize the time that they’re apart from their kiddo after the hosting program.
- All fees associated with our hosting programs are considered tax deductible donations, and go towards paying for much more than your child’s airfare, including:
- Your host child’s travel document preparation
- Background checks
- Home safety visit
- Travel to an international hub
- Hague Training courses – they’re all ONLINE, so you never have to leave the comfort of your home!
- Medical Insurance for your child during the program
- Adoption Application – If you end up moving forward with adoption, even if it’s not with your host child, your adoption application fee is waived.
- Don’t let the cost of hosting keep you from making a difference, we have countless suggestions for fundraising, and several free alternatives such as being a chaperone host family, or a backup host family!
- All host families that move forward with the adoption of their host child are eligible to apply for our exclusive host-to-adopt grants!